Welcome to our second kempitlaw IT+ quarterly client alert.
As the New Year gets underway, here is our recent blog on Trends in Information Technology Law: Looking Ahead to 2015 first published on Practical Law in December.
Our hot topic theme this time is Data Protection, particularly in Big Data and the Cloud, and here are our recent blogs on:
- Avoiding Big Data Pitfalls in the Cloud (Video Interview, December)
- The Growing Role of Standards in Cloud Contracts – Some Perspectives on ISO 27108 (October)
- Law Firms and Contracting for the Cloud (October)
- Big Data and Data Protection: preparing for tales of the unexpected (August)
together (as a link and pdf) with our white paper on Big Data and Data Protection which goes into this topic in greater depth.
Here also are our other recent blogs:
- Contribution to the Lawyer Peer Panel on Risk Management in Legal Departments (November)
- IT will bring the biggest shakedown yet to law (The Lawyer, Industry Leaders, October)
Our next hot topic for our blog and next Client Alert is Data Sovereignty – the power of the home and overseas states to requisition data from commercial data centres.
Last but definitely not least a huge thank you to our Clients who got kempitlaw off to a great start in 2014.