Deirdre is an experienced IT lawyer who joined Kemp IT Law in May 2016 and became a partner in April 2020.
Deirdre specialises in all aspects of contract, commercial, intellectual property and data law as they apply to new technologies and has significant experience advising on large-scale digital transformation projects driven by the move to cloud computing, hybrid clouds and other “as a service” technologies. Deirdre acts for both suppliers and customers on all layers of the tech stack, with a particular expertise in advising law firms on technology procurement, and has in-depth market knowledge and experience advising on complex, technical issues arising at the intersection of law and technology.
Deirdre also advises on IP and data law matters covering GDPR issues and issues surrounding the acquisition and exploitation of data and other IP rights.
- ‘Deirdre has a well-established practice in technology matters taking in topics such as cloud computing and digital transformations, intellectual property and data regulations, and commercial contracts. Her client base includes both tech providers and customers.’ (Chambers UK 2022)
- “Deirdre is very knowledgeable of the IT industry and pragmatic in her approach. She is a formidable and effective negotiator and a pleasure to work with.” (Chambers UK 2022)
- “Deirdre is extremely responsive, very strong technically and really easy to work with.” (Chambers UK 2022)
- Chambers ranked lawyer (Chambers UK 2022)
- “Deirdre Moynihan – extremely responsive and a very switched on lawyer who knows and understands the sector well. Technically very strong but also very commercial and practical. A real safe pair of hands. Also a lovely person and always enthusiastic so a joy to deal with.” (Legal 500 2022)
- Recommended as a ‘Next Generation Partner’ in Legal 500 2021 and 2022
- Recommended as an expert in Data and Information Technology by Who’s Who Legal 2022
- ‘Deirdre is a key name, advising on commercial, information technology, intellectual property and data protection law issues.’ (Legal 500 2021)
- “Deirdre Moynihan is very responsive and takes a commercial, risk-aware approach. She has excellent negotiation skills and is a trusted business advisor. Deirdre has acted for us in numerous agreements and given important guidance on data privacy and electronic communications.” (GDR 100 2021)